Various models are available
Option #1: the full package
Option #1 consists in a full package.
The SAT2200 Satellite Terminal is a complete terminal composed of a Newtec MDM2200 IP modem, an antenna dish, an interactive amplifier/receiver (iLNB), a 30m coaxial cable and a Point & Play® device that provides satellite identification and eases pointing thanks to an audio feedback. This unique Point & Play® easy-installation technology supports the installation of the complete terminal without any expensive tooling or specific qualification of the installer.
The SAT2200 Satellite Terminal is available in 2 versions:
- 1M Satellite Terminal package made of: MDM2200 IP modem + 1-meter antenna dish + 800mW iLNB2140 interactive amplifier/receiver (iLNB)
- 1,2M Satellite Terminal (to be used at the edge of the beam and/or in areas with heavy rainfalls) made of: MDM2200 IP modem + 1,2-meter antenna dish + 800mW iLNB2141 interactive amplifier/receiver (iLNB)
- The MDM2200 modem provides currently up to 500 simultaneous TCP/IP sessions
- The MDM2200 signal can reach 256 kbps throughput in the Return link when a 800mW iLNB is used, and 512kbps with a 2W iLNB.
- The MDM2200 has a single Gigabit Ethernet LAN port with 1 static public IP address
More informations on the SAT2200 Satellite Terminal are available in this PDF.
Option #2: the modem
Option #2 consists in a versatile modem that can be combined with outdoor units (ODU) produced by manufacturers other than Newtec.
The MDM3100 modem can be used with different ODUs: it is compatible with Newtec’s ODUs but also with off-the-shelf VSAT amplifiers (BUC), receivers (LNBs) and antennas dishes (>= 1,2m) from other manufacturers.
- Currently, the MDM3100 can manage up to 1.000 simultaneous TCP/IP sessions, an later on, up to 1.500
- The MDM3100 signal can reach 1 Mbps throughput in the Return link when used with high power BUCs (> 3W)
- The MDM3100 has a 4 Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports with up to 4 static public IP addresses
More information on SAT3100 Satellite Modem can be found in this PDF.
Watch the installation video on https://www.youtube.com/watch?